With Salal, you get a built-in post slider (an Owl Slider) that displays posts with their featured images from the category you choose.
This slider ONLY shows on the front page of your website, so if you need a slider to show on other pages, you will have to create a child theme to change the code or use a slider plugin.
- Log in to your WordPress Administration dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Slider Settings.
- Check the box next to Display the Slider
- Choose the category you want to show slides from.
- Decide how many slides (posts) to show (I recommend keeping the number low as the more you add, the more load time is needed for your front page). Please note that the number of slides determines how many posts to collect and does not refer to how many are visible.
- Choose what slide elements to display.
- Decide on the background colour.
- Click the
IMPORTANT: The Owl Carousel Slider has been discontinued by the developer, so we will replace the current slider with a new one, or you can install your own.