This tutorial will show you how to make a contact page when using the Contact Form 7 plugin for WordPress. Basic knowledge of WordPress administration is required when doing this.
Install the Contact Form 7 Plugin
Before we can do anything, you will need a plugin called Contact Form 7 before we can continue. If you already have the Contact Form 7 plugin installed, you can skip this step.
But to install it, go to Plugins > Add New, and then type in the search, Contact Form 7 into the field. Once it shows up in the results, click Install and Activate.
Creating Your Contact Page
After installing the Contact Form 7 plugin, we have a few things to do.
- First, open the Contact > Contact Forms menu link on your WordPress administration panel. You can manage multiple contact forms there.
- You will see a default form named Contact Form Demo
- Contact Forms 7 will give you a shortcode. Copy the shortcode and then go to Pages > Add New
- Name your page Contact Us (or whatever you decide) and add any content you want
- With your new page created, you will also want to assign the Contact page template to it by going to Page Attributes and selecting it.
- Drop a shortcode block into your page and then paste the contact form shortcode that you copied earlier.
- Click the Publish button for your page.
Add More Contact Info to Your Page
With this theme, we included an extra tab to the customizer which lets you add more information (optional of course). Here is an example from the live demo:
The customizer will give you extra settings to insert info for Contact Info, Address, and additional contact details.
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Contact Options
- Title your fields and add the corresponding content to each one.
- Click the Publish button.