We’ve included a nice widget for you that displays the most recent posts with thumbnails. The thumbnails are automatically generated from the featured image you upload for the post(s). You can publish this in the left or right sidebars, or the bottom, or the footer.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Drag the Recent Posts with Thumbnails widget into the sidebar position you want to show it in.
- Title your widget
- Choose how many posts to display
- Choose the order of displaying posts
- Select the category from where to get posts from
- Check the box next to Display Post Date (optional)
- Click the Save button