Amble (Pro) includes post formats that give you the option to set custom introductions. Normally with WordPress, you can create a category description, but for other archives, you can’t. Amble includes the following formats that you can use as specialized categories:
- Standard – This is the default format in WordPress
- Image – Use this if you want to focus on photos in your posts
- Gallery – Use this one for posts that include a gallery
- Video – If your posts include videos
- Audio – Things like podcasts or other audio-based media
- Status – Use this as a short post format to give updates on things
Post meta information will display a linked post format label. When you click on this link, it takes you to a category-like layout where the intro is displayed.
For example, if we are using the Image post format, you can see the link in the meta info like this:
After clicking on the linked post format, you will be taken to the post format category and see how the intro is displayed. Much like a blog category is:
By default, WordPress only lets you create a category description, but none for post formats. In Amble, we can do that.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Label Options.
- Find the Post Format Archive Descriptions section and then look for the post format that you want to add a custom into. Type your new intro into the text field.
- Click the